- The annual Future Media Lab. conference was held in Brussels on “Media Diversity in the Digital Age”. 200 high-level publishers, start-ups, legislators and key stakeholders came together to discuss the state of media during this moment of technological change.
- In a featured start-up panel at the event, Juan I. Margenat from Marfeel spoke on what drives business innovation today.
- Ramon Tremosa, Catalan Member of the European Parliament, spoke on the readiness of Europe for media diversity.
The annual Future Media Lab. conference was held recently on “Media Diversity in the Digital Age”. 200 publishers, start-ups, journalists, legislators and key stakeholders came together to discuss the state of media during this moment of technological change.
A key panel featured start-ups that have developed media solutions using technology. Start-up founders such as Juan I. Margenat from Marfeel, Zohar Dayan from Wibbitz and Thomas Smolders from Blendle discussed how their businesses drive innovation in the media.
Juan I. Margenat from MARFEEL spoke on how business innovation has the potential to connect publishers and readers in new ways. The start-up’s innovations in mobile design and advertising have boosted engagement and revenue for its publishers. In a market where mobile design has become very expensive and monetizing content challenging, Marfeel has figured out a way to make it accessible even to small publishers.
Other panels at the conference tackled the following issues:
- What is driving the way media content is consumed today and in the future?
- How and to what extent do technological innovations and disruptions drive change?
- Is business innovation shaping trends or is it rather being shaped by trends?
Ramon Tremosa, Catalan Member of the European Parliament, spoke on the readiness of Europe for media diversity. He explored the potential role of regulation to ensure media diversity in the digital sphere.
The Future Media Lab. advocates protecting media diversity in the digital age through innovative business solutions and a competitive digital economy.
Juan I. Margenat, co-founder & COO of MARFEEL, says:
“We were honored to be a featured start-up at the conference. Technology and business innovation can and will create more access to more diverse sources of information. Marfeel is doing its part helping all kinds of publishers and bloggers expand their readership and monetize their content. More opportunities for more publishers will build greater media diversity.”
About Future Media Lab
The Future Media Lab. was founded in 2012 and aims to build a bridge between the fast-paced innovations in the media sector with long-lasting legislative procedures. It is a meeting point of media innovation and public policy, regularly bringing together media entrepreneurs, technology start-ups, journalists, academics, European policy makers, and other key stakeholders to debate the future media landscape in Europe. More information about the Future Media Lab. can be found here. To learn more about the conference, click here.