# Metrics Extension Point
Publishers use analytics tools to understand how readers interact with their content. They allow them to track the performance of their site and enhance their strategy.
Every metric extension has the required configuration to use a specific metric provider. See the Metrics catalog to find all the available providers that are supported by Marfeel.
If a Tenant uses a provider that Marfeel does not support by default, check how to create new metric provider.
# Events tracking
Marfeel tracks page views and some other events that can be sent to all the analytics providers.
Metrics extensions track page views by counting them every time there is a change of URL (except for hashed "#" URLs that link to in-page links) in the Tenant site.
For example, when a user lands on the homepage of a mobile site with Marfeel, a page view is registered for the homepage.
- Home or section pages: When the user taps on the featured article and lands on it, a page view is registered for the featured article.
- Swipe to article or section: When the user taps on the featured article and lands on it, a page view is registered for the featured article.
- Tap on an image to access the gallery: When the user taps the photo for the article, a page view is registered for the gallery.
- Swipe to next image in the gallery: When the user swipes to the next photo in the gallery and the photo is from the same article, another page view is registered for that article.
# User journey events
There are two main types of trackings:
- Session info: Tracks the session with the static all it's related information.
- Pageview: Tracks when and how page views occur.
- User events: Tracks when a user swipes, taps and scrolls.